The State Government provides several worthwhile resources for consumers:
Michigan Public Service Commission Consumer Information Center
- Get important safety tips
- Comment on cases that affect your utility bills
- Find out how to switch natural gas or electric providers
- Learn how to save energy in your home
- And more...
Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes & Energy (EGLE) Resident Services
- File inquiries or complaints about their utilities
- Get assistance with utility payments
- Find out how to contact your utility
- Prepare for an emergency
- And more...
There are a number of rebates available to Michigan consumers who invest in the energy efficiency of their homes:
Useful Blog Posts:
Do you ever wonder how your monthly energy bill is calculated? Or how to lower your bill? Do you ever wish you had a say in the process? Are you curious about the equity implications of how it’s structured? If you answered yes to any of these questions, click the link below for an introduction to rate cases.
By Ariana Gonzalez of NRDC
CUBs in Other States
Citizens Utility Boards in other states have a number of resources available to consumers that Michigan residents will find useful.
- Citizens Utility Board of Illinois
- Citizens Utility Board of Wisconsin
- Citizens Utility Board of Minnesota
- Oregon Citizens' Utility Board